Saturday 1 February 2014

A Stroll in the Park

I'm pretty lazy on Saturdays.  After a long breakfast, I ensured Merv was dressed and ready for the day.  I usually pop down the shops and buy the paper and a few groceries. 
Change of plan; it's a perfect summer morning and I put my laziness aside. 
I drove Merv up to Whiteman's Park, pulled the wheelchair from the boot and took the meandering footpath from the village to Mussel Pool.  A 750m magical mystery tour through native bushland and the addition of  'Children's Forrest shelters.'  
We had the whole area of Mussel Pool to ourselves, excepting the magpies and crows!  We stopped over a tiny bridge and enjoyed the beauty and stillness of the creek.   Among the towering trees we chose a picnic table to share our morning tea. I had bought the paper at a deli on the way to the park and we read the Travel pages, the TV magazine and browsed the other lift outs.
We could soon hear the voices of young children close by at the BBQ areas.  It was time to leave our morning hideaway and return to every day life.

No comments: