Thursday 20 February 2014

Little Bugs

Little bugs happen in our lives.  Some just gnaw at you more than others.  My story goes like this: Mel had been having problems charging her mobile.  She did all the right things including buying a new charger.  Finally the problem resurfaced and couldn't be fixed.  Her phone died.  She talked about getting a new battery for her mobile, but it's old and grubby and a nice new phone is always good for the ego.
We bought a great new LG mobile at 11am this morning by 4pm the fabulous new mobile wasn't charging and Mel said it was broken.  $170 in five hours!  I didn't have to suggest Mel revisit the store, she was already there but they kept telling her, she had damaged it and they wouldn't replace it.
I couldn't figure out how she could have damaged it and why the customer service was deplorable.
This little bug sure made me mad.  Tomorrow I am going with Mel back to the store and we will have an amicable chat with the sales staff and endeavour to find a solution satisfactory to both parties.
I have been advocating for Mel throughout her life, this is just another situation.  I am not sure which makes me madder; $170 wasted in one day or the lack of support from the sales staff.

No comments: