Thursday 6 February 2014

Sharing Stories

Merv was never a reader.  While I spent hours escaping in novels of romance, drama and crime scenes, Merv read his Bible, the newspaper at times and little else.  It has been a long time since he has read his Bible. I recently visited my local library and was intrigued at a whole table of books for sale.  They were rather obscure, a big tatty and dated.  I found a Mary Moody novel which I have read before but for a $1, I will read it again!  Tirelessly I checked every title of every book on sale.  I hummed, I harred and I settled for;
'More Real Stories for the Soul' by Robert J Morgan. It is a collection of Christian testimonies, some of them telling amazing missionary stories from five hundred years ago!  Every afternoon after our afternoon tea I read a couple of stories to Merv.  He listens intently while my eyes mist over, my emotions heightened by these everyday people whose lives changed dramatically by simply submitting to God.  It has become our afternoon ritual and a bond between us.



No comments: