Tuesday 11 February 2014

Top of the Mountain

The scenic views of Sochi's steep majestic mountains are breath taking.  The action and skill of the competitors is inspiring but it is the mountains my eyes seek during the many events. 
I have never stood on a mountain peak, let alone one covered with the beauty and chill of snow.  The views that have awe-inspired me have sadly been more of the hilly type!
I listen to the numerous commentators, many of them merely talk about, 'The top of the mountain," they are not commenting on the view but the starting line of the many of the events.
Many times in my life I have stood on the top of my own majestic imaginary mountain.  From the summit of my mountain top I can clearly see:


 My life's journey of what has been  
 What is happening now
 My hopes for my future

I haven't been on my summit for awhile.  I am full of excuses why I shouldn't, my life is not so much my own at present.  It's time to do a little mountain climbing, the future may not be what I have previously planned but it's always good to see the picture clearly before me.

No comments: