Wednesday 5 February 2014

Outside the Plan

I like to be organised, it is like a happy bubbling stream complimented with a warm splash of sunshine.  That was just how my morning progressed.  Merv went back to his HD social group after a two month break and I listed the things I need to do and made phone calls with good results.
I was booked to pick up Mel from her art class at midday.  We enjoyed a healthy lunch and a chat at the local food hall before attending her clinic appointment at the hospital.  We waited and we waited.  Mel spied a note on the wall stating anyone waiting longer than 15 minutes for their appointment should inform the receptionist.  I began engrossed in a conversation with another Mum waiting for her daughter and didn't notice how long Mel had spent talking with the reception.  She returned looking concerned and my babbling stream suddenly dried up.  The doctor had taken a leave day and somehow Mel or myself had not been informed.  Panic set in.  What about her meds?
It took an hour and numerous phone calls to her case manager and others to find out her scripts for her meds had been left at the hospital pharmacy and were ready to be picked up.  How simple our afternoon would have been if we had simply been told.  A little courtesy and communication goes a long way.  My stream bubbles once again.

No comments: