Saturday 21 December 2013

My Name Forgotten

"How do you spell your name?" he said.  Merv knew the first three letters of my name and then he was stuck.  I kept my answer breezy, hiding my bewilderment and pain.  I was helping him wrap a present for me which he was given (or maybe won?) at the day centre yesterday.  He knew to put it face down on the wrapping paper to ensure it stayed a surprise.   I gave him a gift card and a pen.  I know he can write though it has become increasingly difficult.   I helped him spell my name, tape the tag onto the present and he took the present and put it under the Christmas tree.  He will enjoy giving it to me on Christmas Day.  I later wondered if he forgot how to spell my name because he doesn't write it often or whether Big Bad Harry is just waiting around the corner.  It's Christmas week, I don't have time to worry about it.  My thoughts and reasoning can wait until next year, it's not so far away.
The present is safely under the tree, it has my name on it.

No comments: