Friday 20 December 2013

Ramping It Up

Finally the last Christmas present is bought.  Only a few of them are wrapped and under the tree.  My last purchase today was to hire a ramp.  Yes, that's right - a ramp.  Not a regular type of Christmas present and we only have it for one week, but it's the very best present of them all.  Last year when I brought my sister in law home for Christmas lunch it was too difficult to pull the wheelchair up over our front step.  I tried the back step (which is lower) but still I failed.  In the end I had to get her out of the chair and help her over the step.  This year the ramp is our salvation, we will just glide over the awkward step with not a care in the world.  My stress is relieved and I sigh with contentment.  Sometimes we need to take a minute and find out the real reason for our stress.  The dreaded step has haunted my thoughts for weeks. 
On Monday I started ringing around to hire a ramp and finally I found a place called Unicare, originally known as River Abilities in Bentley. It is at least 30 minutes from home.  My stress now relieved, it's time to wrap a few more of those presents!

No comments: