Saturday 28 December 2013

Forward Thinking

I am winding down as the year's last days are ticking away and thoughts of 2014 begin to form pictures and patterns in my mind.  I'm still lethargic after the Christmas rush but I have already sorted out the budget for the next six months and planned the holidays for the coming year.   My mind wanders and I imagine I finish my first novel.  I imagine Mel's room is immaculate.  I imagine Dustin finally sorts out his superannuation and Merv no longer has Huntington's.  
Oh wishful thinking!  I yawn, I stretch and return to the moment of reality.
In some ways I have my head in the sand, I have only planned ahead for the things I know will not change next year.
The changes which could affect Merv and Mel I wont think about, not until they knock on my door and demand to be heard.

No comments: