Thursday 19 December 2013

African Party

Mel in her African attire
I continued with the ongoing Christmas shopping while Mel donned her African outfit and attended her DADAA Christmas Party.   We had found a black dress with an vibrant orange African-style design in a local dress shop.  We stumbled across an elephant necklace in the same shopping centre and bought a matching colour headscarf.  Mel borrowed my African style handbag and wrapped a flashing Christmas necklace over her headscarf.  Lastly she put on her authentic South African beads I bought her in Johannesburg. She looked brilliant and there she was already to go and make an entrance.
DADAA had a 'consumers meeting,' before the party.  I think its fabulous they ask the participants to provide feedback on their program and make suggestions.  I encouraged Mel to enter in and share her thoughts.  After three hours of shopping with a short break for my Gloria Jeans coffee I visited my brother and caught up with his news.  I haven't seen him for sometime and Christmas is always a good time to catch up.  He was happy to see me.  I later visited my big sister for a chat before picking up Mel.  She was full of news and chatted happily about her day.  The shopping seemed like a distant memory as I listened to her and became part of her world.

No comments: