Wednesday 25 December 2013

All I Want for Christmas

Christmas Lunch in the Bell House
The day dawned and I was up not long afterwards.  I woke Merv up earlier than usual.  Christmas Carols filled the air and he gave me a kiss and said, "All I want for Christmas is you!"  I smiled at him and kissed  him again.  A lovely way to start the day.
Then the day just got crazy!  I picked up Mel and her friend Harriet.  Harriet has no family to celebrate with and we were happy she joined us today.  Back home and we arranged morning tea ready for Dustin who is picking up my Mum.  I was rushing out the door to pick up Merv's sister Vicki and ten minutes later I suddenly asked myself if I had turned on the oven or were the turkey rolls sitting in a cold oven?  I shivered.  When I arrived to pick up Vicki I rang home to find, yes I had put the turkey rolls in the oven and no, I hadn't turned on the oven.  All fixed and no problem with the turkey cooking in time.  We arrived home to find everyone enjoying Christmas morning tea.  I settled Vicki with a panna cotta and resumed the lunch preparation.  Dustin had brought over his coffee machine, complete with grinder and milk frother.  Beautiful coffee.

Merv checking out a new T-shirt
It was my first time blending turkey, potato and vegetables for Vicki.  I  had seen her bowl during a previous visit to her place of residence and I copied how the vegetables are spaced separately with the vibrant green of the broccoli and the deep orange of the pumpkin.  I surprised myself by blending the turkey with gravy into a palatable soft consistency with not a lump to be seen.  Vicki enjoyed every mouthful. Our traditional Christmas lunch finally went to plan and we stretched afterwards and sighed that we had eaten far too much.  We opened the presents at 2pm and everyone had a wonderful day of celebration and family fun.  Only 365 days to next Christmas!


No comments: