Thursday 12 December 2013

Holiday Stress

After I retired from work I imagined my life would be a calm flowing stream with resonating sounds of  water birds telling the world of their joy.  How wrong I was!
Black-winged StiltI really thought Christmas would be a breeze with shopping beginning months beforehand and everything bright and happy as the big day approaches.  How wrong I was!
I definitely have more time but other priorities have robbed me of my organised life and left me with holiday stress.
I have taken time out to observe others during the pre-Christmas madness.  It's not just me suffering from long hours shopping and poor planning.
What is the secret to keep your sanity?  Is it a fool-proof plan or a close knit group of friends encouraging you without stifling your creativity?
I could take my experience this year and rewrite a workable plan for next Christmas, but like a New Year's resolutions I am sure I would have forgotten all about it this time next year!

No comments: