Monday 9 December 2013

Play A New Game

Today we went hunting, not with a plan and a gun but with the expectation of finding the game we were hunting in our local concrete jungle.  We found a carpark outside the toy shop and battled through hordes of children, toddlers and pursuing mums.  We checked the shelves and checked them once again to no avail. The game simply wasn't there.  We left. I helped Merv back into the car and headed in the direction of Myer. I had been tossing up whether to try Kmart, but the thought of standing forever in line or the possibility of not finding it at all, I simply chose to go to Myer.
Myer has glass lifts where you can view each floor and it leaves nothing to the imagination. I know games are right next to the deluge of Christmas decorations on the second floor.   I looked, we looked together our prey was no where to be found. I called for backup.  A young man stepped in to help.  He used his X-ray vision, smiled and presented us with our prize! Our very first Connect 4!  After saying goodbye to the Tri-ominos game last week, I spent several hours on the internet researching suitable games, activities, even crafty ideas. Keeping Merv entertained and stimulated is our aim and it is gratifying to know we are succeeding.
 

No comments: