Friday 27 December 2013

Missing Mel

Mel & Harriet on Christmas Day
I am missing Mel this Christmas week.  I am so pleased she came with her friend, Harriet to celebrate Christmas Day with us.  We picked them up early in the morning and took them home before 6pm. It is the first ever Christmas she has not slept over on Christmas Eve or stayed Christmas night.  I miss her.  Less than twelve months ago Mel would stay over most weekends.  The three of us would go out somewhere special often adding a morning tea stop along the way.  Then it stopped.  Mel chose to stay at her own place but sometimes she will come home during the day and has stayed over less than a handful of times.  There appears no obvious reason for her change in habit.  Was it the news she is HD positive which she learnt about in May?  I am not sure.  All I know is life is different now.  We can't go back and change history, we just need to make the most of the situation before us.  I miss you this week Mel.

No comments: