Wednesday 24 July 2013

Best Choices

After two weeks break from college it was time to return.  I was feeling rather lethargic and tossed up whether to play hooky or not.  The thought of curling up on the couch and reading my book, watching a movie, chatting on the phone all sounded so much better than two hours of class.  I checked the weekly outline and was not encouraged by this week's topic; Scriptwriting.  I can't imagine myself as Stephen Spielberg or Baz Luhrmann. 
I tried a different approach and tried talking myself in believing the journey and the social interaction would be of benefit to me.  A cherry on the top sweetener a freshly brewed coffee after class.
I continued with my designated homework before half heartedly driving to the college.  I arrived to find only one other student had arrived but another student joined us a few minutes later. 
Surprise, surprise I thoroughly enjoyed the session.  We learnt about scriptwriting but we also discussed recent movies and why we chose to watch them.  We discussed who the protagonist and antagonist were and even had a go at writing a short scene.  It was unexpectedly fun.
I have found life a lot like this.  When I think the path I am on isn't working for me, I sometimes make the wrong decision to opt out.  I hope next time I have this dilemma this scenario will spring to mind.

No comments: