Monday 8 July 2013

Too Busy to Worry

Today I dyed my hair, paid my bills online, jogged on the treadmill for 30 minutes, got Merv dressed and ready for breakfast and the new day,  hung out washing, washed the floor, cleaned the bathroom and toilet, cleaned the kitchen and made a refreshing coffee all before I left with Merv to visit my Mum at 10:30am this morning. 
She said, "Pamela you are too busy." She is right. Keeping busy stops me from thinking about the road ahead; the long path and the short road.  The bumps, the one way streets, the no turning back signs which rear their ugly heads.
I have a good support team with family, friends and the HD association, but still I can feel alone and vulnerable.  Keep busy, keep smiling, keep going.
This afternoon I did more housework, raked up the weeds I had pulled the other day and binned them and finished by spraying every un-pulled weed and winter grass I could find without choking a nearby plant.  To finish up the service provider came out to do an annual review.  It took an hour and I was itching for her to finish to start yet another task at hand.
Solutions are little pleasure poppers.  One friend suggested I try yoga  It is something we have discussed but always seem too busy but this Thursday is finally free and hopefully we will give it a go.   I am hoping that it will help.  I am getting weary with my own unrealistic expectations.

No comments: