Thursday 18 July 2013

Creative Escape

Going to work used to keep me busy both in mind and body. It kept me from mischief and boredom!  Since I retired I have started this blog plus creative writing classes and reorganised by days to include people and tasks I had previously neglected.  We all need a hobby to keep us inspired but no more than people who care for their loved ones.
I had the pleasure of sharing with other carers who immerse themselves in art.  I love to share their stories and enjoy their creative expression.  Each canvas reads aloud their story and the intricate shadows of their pain dance beneath.  Colours of fire explode tempting both artist and the viewer to escape into a place of peace and serenity.  A place so far removed there is no pain.
I wish I had this gift, a gift of expression and escape.

No comments: