Wednesday 11 September 2013

You Would For Me

If I was in a wheelchair and I was cold you would do the same for me.
If I lived in a care facility and I was cold you would do the same for me.
If my speech was difficult to understand at times and I was cold you would do the same for me.
If the food I eat is soft and runny and I was cold you would do the same for me.
If I was unable to wash and dress myself and I was cold you would do the same for me.
If the clothes I am dressed in didn't keep me warm and you knew I was cold you would do the same for me.
Today I saw you at the club with your brother.  You arrived in your wheelchair and I gave you a loving hug.  The clothes you were dressed in were clean and fashionable but they were thin and the air was cold.
Without thought I took off my long warm jacket and slipped your arms into it.
I pulled it up over your shoulders to cover you and keep you warm. 
It pleased me to know you are warm.
I know you would do the same for me.

No comments: