Wednesday 25 September 2013

Weight Loss Woes

Hiding in my wardrobe and at the back of cupboards
Live my clothes of yesteryear
Clothes that fit my skinny lithe body
Now pulled out of hiding and shaken to un-rumple
I gingerly put them on
Surprise and relief they fit where bulges once were
But (there is always a but) I can cross out the 'lithe'
What was once 'lithe' is now rather saggy and a little baggy
I  somewhere lost fifteen kilos in fifteen months
(My friends have said they have found a few of my kilos)
I no longer look like I did at forty
I  just look fifty six and a whole lot thinner!
Those cute little belts which used to fit snugly around my trim waist
still won't fit
So where did the weight fall from if not my waist? 
Where have those kilos made from frequent indulgence of chocolates and chips disappear from?
Body sculpting is not for me
I am happy just to be the way God made me
I reflect upon all those stories of being healthy and keeping fit
I know they are true
But was I happier when I had bulges and bumps?

No comments: