Friday 20 September 2013

Friday Mystery Tour

Yesterday I missed  Mother & Daughter Day due to Merv and I sharing our story at the symposium. Today Mel was booked on the villa 's bus to Araluen but it was cancelled due to the wild & woolly weather. The bus had already picked up Merv for his Friday,  day centre and there was plenty to do at home, but nothing that couldn't wait. I grabbed my keys and hit the road.  I drove through the pouring rain to Mel's unit and teased her with my question.   "Movie or mystery tour?" I asked. 
Mel knew mystery is better than movie and took the mystery option.  She was over movies, she had already seen Smurfs 2 with Dustin on Wednesday evening and with no grandchildren I will give the Smurfs a wide berth.  I saw all the cartoons when the kids were young!
Our mystery tour began with a visit complete with umbrellas to the Margaret River Providore gourmet experience.  it is a separate store, an Aladdin's cave of gourmet jams, pickles, olive oils, dessert sauces, wines and recipe starters.  There were a thousand little plastic spoons for tasting and not enough bins.  The fig and cinnamon jam was delicious, the apricot and almond a close second.
Rosemary and garlic olives found themselves in my bag with sauces and olive oil.  Our next stop was Masters a huge warehouse of hardware and plants.  Not inspirational but what a great place to have our daily exercise without getting wet and blown away!  This was followed by lunch at the Dome in Ellenbrook for a bowl of Spring Lamb soup followed by fruit toast and coffee.  We finished our day with a stroll around the local shopping centre, foraging  for bargains in the Reject Shop.  We think our bargains are the best, but later find we bought them on the spur of the moment.  It's just shopping for fun.
I dropped Mel off and returned home along the highway as the rain burst forth.  I was home only five minutes before the bus returned Merv home again.  It is good to have fun with Mel.

 

No comments: