Wednesday 27 November 2013

Whirlpool Moment

I am having  a whirlpool moment.  Everything fell into place only a week or so ago and now its spinning out of control.  So much to do and so little time, especially at this time of year with Christmas looming straight ahead.  There are endless appointments plus a handful of important end of year celebrations scribbled on my calendar.  Some of these I have to juggle before I lose sight of reason for the season.  There seems to be such little joy ahead.  Maybe I am just tired and in need of  a break, not a fortnight, or a week, just a couple of hours to clear my head and hear the sound of peace and joy resonating in the distance.  We have experienced numerous stresses this week and just using the wheelchair is tiring.  Merv weighs 90kgs. 
Today I attended an iPad training session and later I completed the fortnightly shopping.  Everyday I do the same things at home including dressing and showering Merv.  Yes, what I need now is  just a little 'me time.' It will put the roses back in my cheeks and give me the inspiration to keep going forward.  I am meeting a friend from the carer's group on Friday morning for coffee.  I am looking forward to sitting, chatting and sharing our stories together.

No comments: