Saturday 9 November 2013

Summer Holiday


Great spot for a rest
Amazing Meelup Beach, Dunsborough
Summer is on its way and a family holiday is on the cards for March next year.  I promised Merv and Mel a summer holiday in our magnificent South West, near Dunsborough. 
A very pretty and relaxing place to enjoy a break away.  Not that I am very good at stopping and staying!  My idea of a holiday is to see and experience everything. If its in the brochure or the tourist track, that is where you will find me. It's not everybody's idea of a holiday but its always worked for me until now.  Admittedly I enjoyed three lazy days in Mauritius but I had to talk myself into it first!

The Famous Dunsborough Bakery
Merv isn't in a wheelchair as yet but he needs a disability bathroom with a seat. Booking a disability holiday is no small feat.  It is no longer, 'that looks nice on the website; let's go there!'   Now I need to check the Access (mobility) Western Australian website for accommodation.  www.accesswa.com.au   The website is extremely informative, giving measurements of bathroom doors, the height of the toilet from the floor, the layout of the accommodation and much more, which is specially effective for people using a wheelchair. The websites of the Access accommodation do not specify which units/villas are disability friendly.  I have to email or ring each accommodation to find out.  More work. I sigh and think I will find the energy to send the emails next week or the week after and hope the accommodation is still available for March.  Before the internet we booked accommodation by mail or phone and paid a deposit only.  Now everyone wants the whole amount if booked online. I would like to be excited about our impending holiday but I save the information in my favourites and will get back to it another time.  I had better do it before March!



No comments: