Thursday 21 November 2013

The Conqueror

When everything went without a hitch yesterday I was sceptical  today would not be so kind.
My sixth sense was spot on.  Mel's weekly pension was $40 less than usual.  I dreaded the call to Centrelink, the waiting and the outcome.  Fortunately I arranged for someone to ring me back.  I explained to Joanne the ongoing circus concerning her rent assistance.  She worked diligently to correct the error on the computer and after forty five minutes it was corrected and Mel will be reimbursed the $40 in her pension next week.  Thank goodness. Many thanks to Joanne.
Celebrating my handywoman skills!
I promised Mel a trip to Ikea in Innaloo.  I longed to marvel at all those zany Ikea things.  I get excited by unique storage ideas and unusual household items.  I think Mel was looking forward to a lunchtime feast in the food hall.  We took time out over our healthy lunch of salmon and shrimp salad, coffee and a shared fruit salad to study the Ikea catalogue.  I have a, 'No Junk Mail' sticker on my letterbox and the Ikea book wasn't home delivered to me this year, but it has on previous years.  We discussed buying  a storage unit for Mel's room in the new year.   We oohed and aahed over soft toys, fairies, fruit bowls, kitchens, bathrooms and bric a brac.  We took measurements and imagined the items in our houses before replacing them on their shelf!  Finally we bought Mel a simple mobile trolley for her bathroom items, a fairy doll for a friend's young daughter, kitchen storage containers, an alarm clock and a new look frypan.  Tonight I pulled the parts out of the pack and quickly put the mobile trolley together.  It was relatively easy, even for me!  Merv watched as I pushed in the castors, screwed the metal frame together and added the shelves.  Presto!  Instant - well almost instant shelving.  I beam.  I have conquered!


No comments: