Tuesday 1 October 2013

TripAdvisor Reviews

I love belonging to a community.  I belong to my local community, it's where I live, where I shop, people I spend time with.   I also belong to many other communities.  There's the two carer's groups I belong to, I am accepted and never challenged.  I come back time and time again because I give and I can take back.  It's part of belonging to a community. 
My family is also where I belong, a place to share, to be loved and not rebuked.
I was born with an innate need to research.  I don't know why, I just know it's a hunger I need to satisfy.  Before breakfast this morning my iPhone buzzed and TripAdvisor lit up stating 3613 readers have read at least one of my reviews.  I am deemed a Senior Contributor due to my 24 reviews of a combination of restaurants, accommodation and activities.  I love to travel and finding out what fellow travellers have experienced keeps me from making mistakes and provides information not always available on websites.  Even if a few reviewers are having a whinge, the overall feedback paints a picture of truth.  I have used reviews from TripAdvisor on all our trips in the last ten years but it also lends itself to my local restaurants and accommodation.  I review on the good and the not so good to give a balanced picture.  I know many businesses read the reviews and will 'fix up' concerns mentioned by travellers. When I return from my holiday I will be adding more reviews. 
It's good to join others in helping our fellow travellers.  Yes it's a global community helping each other in adventures everywhere.

No comments: