Wednesday 30 October 2013

Celebrations Ongoing

Merv woke this morning smiling from ear to ear.  He remembered today is our anniversary and gave me a hug and a kiss as he stumbled out of bed.  After breakfast we watered the new seedlings and plants under the patio.  The weatherman promises 35 degrees Celsius, almost 100 degrees in Fahrenheit.  I tell Merv how important it is to keep the new plants well watered in the heatwave.
I dropped Merv off at his HD social group this morning and support worker Joe picked him up at 1pm as is expected.  Both of us were busy during our day, doing different things.  I planned a surprise this afternoon when I returned home at 4pm.  Throughout our 37 years together birthdays, anniversaries and celebrations have always been planned and enjoyed to the full.  Life is all too short and should be celebrated everyday.  Today was no different.
After Joe went home I took out the blender, washed and hulled the strawberries, added low fat ice-cream and a swig of Amarula and presto;  an easy strawberry cocktail.  We sipped our cocktails and nibbled on our African chocolate while discussing our day.  A very different afternoon tea!
I cooked omelettes for dinner, finishing with chocolate mousse and strawberries.  We toasted (again) our 37 years with a 275ml tiny bottle of Moscata shared between us.  Our day finished with us taking time to watch the movie, 'Strictly Ballroom.' 
I am pleased Merv enjoys his many celebrations and I am able to share them with him! 

No comments: