Saturday 26 October 2013

The Catch Up

I have been back in Perth for just over a week and life is beginning to return to normal.  I am not sure what 'normal' really is when caring for a loved one.  Merv returned home on Monday morning and he was really pleased to see me, as I was pleased to have him home again.  It took no time at all to put the carer's hat back on but I do feel revitalised and ready for whatever life has in store for us. 

Gifts for Merv from South Africa
 
Merv was happy to look at all my photos and videos and he was happy with the African T-shirts, a wooden giraffe, ornaments and lots of chocolate.  The chocolate tasted just like Aussie chocolate but has animated African animals on the wrapper!  I even found a pack of, 'African Animal Droppings,' just yummy milk chocolate buttons.Merv's mobility continues to be an issue for him and I rang the local Occupational Therapy centre to determine when his referral visit is due.  I was told it will be another six weeks but when I informed them a wheelchair would be beneficial to him as soon as possible, it was suggested they maybe able to put his appointment forward, but we will wait and see. 
We picked up Mel from her Weight Watchers meeting last Tuesdayand celebrated Merv's return home at the Dome with his favourite regular iced chocolate and apple pie with cream.  It's good to see Merv flash a great big smile!
Dustin cleaned my house while I was away, well done Dustin but the rain fell and the weeds in the garden went forth and multiplied ongoing.  The garden assault is on this week.
After a fabulous holiday it is good to come home and continue life's journey.


No comments: