Friday 4 October 2013

Oh for a Butler!

If I had a butler
I wouldn't treat him badly
I would shower him (or her) with praise and cook pumpkin scones
I throw up my arms in despair!
Nothing I have done has gone well
The suitcases are half full and not yet complete
I am in turmoil with only a few days to go
Until I fly off into the wide blue yonder
Escape to Mauritius and lie in the bath
Drink cocktails by the pool and be pampered by staff
Come back to reality: there is more packing to do
Everything to do
Such little time and energy
I am like a limp doll in need of a multivitamin
I look all around and see all that is not done
Tomorrow will come and the horizon will clear
There will be more energy coming my way
But if I could choose
A butler I would employ to help me pack my case
And have me on my way

No comments: