Saturday 25 February 2017

Expectations

I've heard all the stories.  The good, the bad and the ugly.  Huntington's Disease is known to have an element of dementia.  We have all heard the stories where a person with dementia moves house and goes into a downward spiral.
I'm hoping this is not the case for us.  Next month we leave our home of 31 years and head south for just over an hour to our new house between the estuary and the ocean.  It has all happened in a month and I can only say it was God who was is control. 
Neither my younger sister or I envisaged our house was go under offer on the very first 'home open'.  The agent only invited people on his data base and we received an offer $10,000 more than we had hoped for.  But don't stop there, there is more.  The agent went back and wrangled $5,000 more from the buyer.  I was speechless!
We had not advertised our house on the agent's website or even had a For Sale board at the front of our property.  The agent said it cost $130 for the board.  I retorted if he wanted the board erected on our property for advertising reasons he could pay for it himself.  He did.
Everything has gone through without a hiccup.  Only now there are some minor hiccups but plenty of time to sort them out.
I've even booked the removal van, the carpet cleaner and so many other things.  Now it's time to pack.
Merv will be in respite during the move.  I'll pick him up ten days later.  I hope he'll be as thrilled as we are about the move.
Mel and the Sold Sign for our new house

No comments: