Thursday 12 October 2017

Form it to Me

The garden is ready for the landscaper to come in.  We've dug up all the grass, cut down the fruit tree growing too close to the new paving.  Then we  dug out the root bound stump, closed off the reticulation and then dug up the pipes no longer in the right place.  I worked from morning to evening.  I wasn't just dirty, I was filthy from head to toe!
The guy on the phone was impressed when he explained the landscaper was running a day late.  I told him only two years ago I walked across England with my sisters!
Why have I spent the last week working so hard? The answer is simple.  Physical work and a garden plan stopped me from ripping open the Centrelink forms and getting a little bit closer to putting Merv into permanent residential care.
There's no getting away from it.  It not just about the forms and the bureaucracy, its about emotions, about love, about commitment and those damn marriage vows!
This evening when there were no more digging, raking or weeding to do I ripped open that form.  Not just one but two posing as just one!  I read, I read and read again.
I'm not a stupid person but what was all that stuff at the end? The bit about if you have authority to sign for the person, you can't sign the bit at the very end but then it turned on itself.  Oh if I wasn't confused I certainly was now.
I googled and I googled  a bit more, then I put the forms down and pretended I hadn't even opened them.  I poured myself another glass of red and enjoyed it with a chocolate bar I had been hiding behind the tomato sauce bottle.

Image result for glass of wine and a chocolate bar

No comments: