Wednesday 3 September 2014

Harbouring Wild Animals



Life has been a roller-coaster of late, but life is like that.  Smooth sailing for weeks and then the wind changes and I am hanging on for dear life against gale force winds and thrashing waves which send me flailing helplessly, seemingly without help.

Then comes the excuses why things aren't quite how they should be! 
I have been too busy (relative or friend gasping at the height of the wild grass in my back garden!)
I have no time anymore (explanation for lack of blog entries)
I will do it tomorrow (I no longer remember what I had planned)

It's happened before and I am sure it will happen again.  It's time to just do a little at a time. 
After I showered and dressed Merv late this afternoon I took a pair of hedge clippers and took to the long grass.  I have to weave through the wild oats just to get to the washing line, but not anymore. I chomped and trimmed and pulled obnoxious weeds from their footings.  After only thirty minutes I could see the game was over.  No longer will my garden harbour the idea of wild animals.  Though much of the garden remains untouched I am inspired by the little I have done today and the promise of much more tomorrow and each day thereafter!
Just a little gardening, just a little blogging and my mojo is alive once again!
What is lurking in my wild grass?

No comments: